The government is working hard to retain certain state civil service agents. A decreepublished this Saturday, November 4 in the Official Journal, extends the benefit of the “territorial loyalty bonus”to which certain agents working in the department of Seine-Saint-Denis (93) are already eligible. This bonus, of a maximum amount of 10,000 euroswas more precisely created in 2020 to encourage state public officials to stay working in this department which is facing numerous staff departures and which is struggling to attract new ones.
But the results of this device are “mixed”recognized Elisabeth Borne, the Prime Minister, at the end of the council of ministers on May 30, on the occasion of which the extension of the benefit of the bonus loyalty program was announced. A measure implemented thanks to the decree published this Saturday, therefore. From January 1, 2024will also be entitled to this bonus State agents working in Seine-Saint-Denis in the customs administration and indirect rights services, inspection of the driving license and road safety, as well as in the public services of accommodation, housing, economy, employment, work, solidarity, environment, planning and transport.
As a reminder, agents working in Seine-Saint-Denis already eligible for the loyalty bonus are those who perform their duties in the following services:
- education (primary public and private schools and educational establishments, secondary public educational establishments, primary national education inspectors, teachers working in certain health or medico-social establishments or services, etc.);
- the prison administration and the judicial protection of youth (retention center and judicial extraction center in Villepinte, semi-release center in Gagny, penitentiary integration and probation services, territorial directorate for the judicial protection of young people, educational placement establishments, etc.);
- there National Police and the prefecture (services under the territorial directorate of local security of Seine-Saint-Denis, departmental judicial police and intelligence services of Seine-Saint-Denis, departmental directorate of internal security of Seine-Saint-Denis, etc.);
- THE court registry services (agents of the judicial registry services of the Bobigny judicial court and its local chambers);
- THE public finances and the protection of populations (departmental directorates of public finances and population protection of Seine-Saint-Denis);
- brigade units of Paris fire brigade (soldiers from the Paris fire brigade in barracks in Seine-Saint-Denis);
- THE Seine-Saint-Denis regional intervention group (agents and soldiers of the Seine-Saint-Denis regional intervention group).
Salary of civil servants: bad news confirmed for territorial agents
An advance payment of part of the bonus soon in place…
Furthermore, the terms of payment of the loyalty bonus will be relaxed for all eligible agents from January 1, 2024, with the aim of allowing them to see the color more quickly. Because currently, this bonus of 10,000 euros maximum is not paid only onceafter five years of continuous service (an interruption of functions for four months or less being however tolerated).
From 2024, an advance payment of two fractions of the premium will thus be possible:
- a first part, corresponding to 20% of the amount of the bonus, will be awarded upon taking up the position of the agent (or during the first quarter of 2024 if the agent is assigned to his position before January 1);
- a second part, corresponding to 40% of the amount of the premium, will be paid at the end of the third year of effective service.
…for civil servants only
To benefit from the remaining share (40%), agents will have to reach the end of the fifth year of their actual services. Please note, however, that only civil servants will be entitled to this early payment of the bonus: contractual and agents recruited on a project contract will not be eligible for it and, as is the case today for everyone, they will only be able to receive it once, at the end of a continuous period of five years of service.
Civil service reform: Stanislas Guerini (finally) outlines the contours of his bill
Obviously, for agents in office before January 1, 2024 and already eligible for the bonus for three years, the counters will not be reset to zero next year and payments will be made according to their seniority in the service, the latter having been taken into account since October 1, 2020. Small subtlety, finally: the territorial loyalty bonus could be revalued in a second time. Its new amount must therefore be “set by order of the ministers responsible for the budget and the civil service”we can read in the decree published this Saturday.
Receive our latest news
Employment, management, rights, every week career news.